Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Webpost1: Class Survey


Webpost1: Class Survey


1. I prefer to be called Adrianna or Adri. (Whatever is easier)

2. My hometown is Hilliard Ohio.

3. I am still unsure of what grade I would like to teach but I do know that I would enjoy Spanish, English, or Biology.

4. My hobbies include being creative, helping others, interacting with kids, and eating ice-cream. I would say what makes me special or unique is that I really enjoy trying to make other people laugh and have a good time. I also am very young for my grade and am cheering at Carroll.

Learning Style and more:

1. In order for me to feel comfortable and take intellectual and creative risks in the classroom, a safe environment must be formed between my peers and I. No question should be a "stupid" question and respect should be held as a high priority. In addition, everyone knowing each other's names would be very helpful.

2. In class, I enjoy speaking up and raising my hand when I become comfortable within a class. I would consider myself to be fairly responsible when it comes to getting my work done and getting to class on time. I have found that over the years I am more of a visual learner and do well when I can explain what I'm studying to another person.  Whenever I have a hard time of understanding something I usually ask someone else to try to explain it because they more than likely will have a different way of going about it.

Education Past and Present:

7. A formative memory has been the relationship that I have made with my spanish teacher from high school. When I was a freshman I remember being so surprised on the first day about how she had acted and treated all people with love and generosity. She accepted all students, no matter how different and constantly knew how to keep a positive attitude. Having her again my junior year and being able to keep in touch with her has truly shown me who and what I want to be. I hope to one day to become a teacher just like her.

8. Some of the significant issues in the education field that I am worried about is the removal of teaching cursive and handwriting in elementary schools, the push for standardizing testing, and the gender gap between boys and girls.

About Dr. Shutkin

1. What has been your most memorable experience while being a teacher?

2. My email link to my blog is: adeptula.blogspot.com












No comments:

Post a Comment